What’s on this page?
How do you agree to this policy?
By accessing the App, you consent to the collection and use of the information you provide in the manner we describe in this policy.
Meanings of terms used
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ refer to Business In Your Pocket Pty Ltd (ABN: 31 159 186 802).
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ refer to the subscriber to the BIYP App.
- ‘BIYP App’ means our software application and the related services that you will be able to access and use once you conclude the registration process.
- ‘Site’ means our website biyp.com
- ‘Personal Information’ has the meaning given to it in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act). In general terms, it is any information that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is not limited to) your name and contact details (including phone numbers and email addresses). If the information we collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable from it, the information will be considered personal information.
What type of personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about subscribers of the BIYP App.
The most common types of information we collect are things like your:
- email address;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of the BIYP App.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information when you provide it to us during the registration process and at other times as you use the BIYP App or contact us.
We also collect personal information from other third party service providers (payment provider account details required to process transactions and web analytics which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal who you are. We only use this information for statistical and website development purposes and to improve our services to you) with which we will interact as we provide services to you.
If you choose not to provide personal information, you will not be able to complete the registration process to access and use the BIYP App.
How do we use personal information?
- We will use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the BIYP App and provide you with the services accessible through the BIYP App and the BIYP App, including to verify your identity when you sign in to the BIYP App, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the BIYP App, to respond to support requests and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- update you with operational news and information about our Site and the BIYP App including website disruptions or security updates;
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we think may interest you;
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and BIYP App;
- monitor activity on the Site and BIYP App, including to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the subscriber terms and conditions that apply to the Site and BIYP App;
- manage our relationship with you, responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site and BIYP App or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- send you information that we think may be of interest to you whether about additional services we are offering or our commercial partners are offering (although you will have the facility to opt out of receiving these communications).
- manage our legal and operational affairs; and/or
- provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
What happens if the ownership of our business changes?
Do we collect information from children?
When may we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose personal information to third parties where it is reasonably necessary in order to enable us to make the BIYP App available to you, when we are required to do so by law or when you give us permission to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
The BIYP App may be maintained in a country that is not Australia (on a temporary or permanent basis).
By registering as a user of and accessing the BIYP App, you agree:
- to and authorise us giving your personal information, in accordance with this policy, to a third party who is not in Australia or a third party who may transfer and store outside Australia your personal information (Overseas Recipient);
- that, while we will take reasonable steps to ensure that an Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs, Overseas Recipients are not bound by the APPs and subclause 8.1 of the APPs does not apply to the disclosure of your personal information to an Overseas Recipient*; and
- that, if an Overseas Recipient handles your information in breach of the APPs, you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
*Subclause 8.1 of the APPs requires us to ensure that Overseas Recipients comply with the APPs unless, in accordance with subclause 8.2, you agree otherwise. For more information, please check the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) website.
How can you access your personal information?
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account on the BIYP App. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. To make an access or correction request, email us at email@example.com
Will this policy be updated?
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our management of privacy. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway.
We will take reasonable steps to let you know about any changes made to this policy. We also suggest that you revisit this policy from time to time to see whether or not changes have been made.
If you continue to use the BIYP App after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
How can you contact us?
You may contact us by:
email to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
If you have a complaint about our compliance with the Act and we have not resolved your complaint within 30 days’ after you first notified us of your complaint, you can refer your complaint to OAIC by visiting their site http://www.oaic.gov.au/.